Below are connections to people, places and things that inspire and support us:
- Our first inspiration in the field of bees, Valley Bees was pioneered by our mentors the “Craig” family and has amazing resources on all things bee.
- Sugar bag bees is brought to you by Dr Tim Heard lover of the Australian native bee – this website provides valuable information for those interested in native bees.
- Nambucca Valley Landcare – our local landcare, where we foster a mutually benefiting and inspiring relationship. These guys have awesome resources and information for the local area in terms of land and livestock management, as well as preservation and optimal utilisation of our natural resources.
- The Amateur Beekeeping Association of the Mid North Coast of NSW: a great place to meet with other beekeepers once a month in the local area.
Reading for those into beekeeping in Australia
- Fat Bees, Skinny Bees: a manual on honey bee nutrition for beekeepers.
- Australian Beekeeping Guide (2014) Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation Publication No. 14/098
- Biosecurity Manual for Beekeepers (Plant Health Australia and Australian Honey Bee Industry Council)
- Australian Honey Bee Industry Biosecurity Code of Practice (Australian Honey Bee Industry Council and state and territory governments)
- NSW Beekeeping Registration
- The Honey Bee Colony
- At the Hive Entrance
- Bee Friendly: A planting guide for European honeybees and Australian native pollinators
- Floral Resource Database for the NSW Apiary Industry
- Beekeeping honeybees in Australia: Agrifutures
- Backyard Beekeeping factsheet
- Scientific papers, mostly with abstracts, relating to near-natural beekeeping